- Grant Thornton posts annual revenues of US$4.7 billion
Grant Thornton announce record combined global revenues of US$4.7 billion
This was driven by 4.6% growth in US dollars (4.9% in local currency) for the year ended 30 September 2014.
“I am proud of our organisation's achievements in 2014 and all credit goes to our 40,000 people in 130 countries who every day are making a difference with clients, in their workplace and in their community,” said Ed Nusbaum, global CEO of Grant Thornton International Ltd. “Our goal going into 2015 is to continue to provide high quality services to our clients and to help them, and our people, unlock their potential for growth.”
- Workforce grew by 4.3% to 40,197 people in 130 countries.
Service line growth
- Assurance services grew 3.5% to US$2,027 million
- Tax services grew 2.7% to US$950 million
- Advisory services grew 4.8% to US$1,373 million
- Outsourcing services grew 12.4% to US$291 million
- Other services grew 31.7% to US$88 million
Regional revenue growth
- Americas revenues grew 2.8% to US$2,096 million
- Europe revenues grew 6.3% to US$1,861 million
- Asia Pacific revenues grew 3% to US$583 million
- Africa revenues grew 6.3% to US$106 million
- Middle East revenues grew 14.7% to US$40 million
- CIS revenues grew 51.5% to US$41 million
- New member firms in Afghanistan, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cambodia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore and Tanzania.
- M&A expansions in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Channel Islands, China, Cyprus, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Norway, Poland, Slovak Republic, South Africa, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and Vietnam.
Investing in our communities - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Grant Thornton understands the impact our people have by volunteering their time in their communities, investing in educational, charitable, environmental and healthcare initiatives:
- Following Typhoon Haiyan, many Grant Thornton member firms have rallied to support the efforts to help rebuild communities in the Philippines and continue to support the regeneration in the impacted areas.
- Grant Thornton Canada continues their support of young vulnerable people, sponsoring 'Walk so Kids Can Talk', volunteering their time and raising over CA$20,000.
- Grant Thornton Sweden supports female entrepreneurs in India through the 'Hand in Hand International' charity. The programme gives women each year the opportunity to become entrepreneurs and escape poverty.
- Grant Thornton Thailand supports vulnerable people, fundraising to provide new wheelchairs for children and spending time with senior citizens.
- Grant Thornton supports a healthy environment and society, vital in creating a sustainable future. In collaboration with the Emirates Wildlife Society, Grant Thornton United Arab Emirates is committed to preserving key wetlands on the east coast, whilst Grant Thornton New Zealand has committed time to maintaining and restoring the natural environment at the Kaipatiki Project Environment centre.
Investing in our People - Workplace awards
- Grant Thornton was named global 'Employer of the Year' by the International Accounting Bulletin.
- Grant Thornton Canada was named for a seventh consecutive year as a 'Great Place to Work'.
- Grant Thornton US was named 'Working Mother’s Best Companies' and a 'Top 100 Ideal Employer' in the US by Universum.
- Grant Thornton UK was named as 'Accountancy Firm of the Year (Larger Clients)' at the annual Financial Directors' Excellence Awards.
- Grant Thornton Sweden was named 'Most Appreciated Large Employer' and ranked sixth by Universum.
- Grant Thornton in the Asia Pacific region was named 'Asia Pacific’s Most Attractive Employer' and was ranked number 41 by Universum.
- Grant Thornton named 'Best Managed International Firm' by the Managing Partners Forum.