Melea has over 20 years of tax and legal experience mainly in Thailand and the Philippines. She joined Grant Thornton Thailand in 2006.
Prior to that, she worked for two law firms in the Philippines until she joined the tax division of Ernst & Young, Manila in 1999. In 2003, she transferred to KPMG Manila and worked there until she moved to Thailand.
Her vast experience with as well as within multinational companies has facilitated her comprehensive knowledge of various issues, such as, but not limited to:
- International and indirect taxation
- Setting up entities in Thailand
- Tax incentives available under the Board of Investments (BOI) scheme
- Foreign business licenses
- Tax, BOI and customs reporting compliance
- Applications for tax refunds and disputing tax assessment notices
- Transfer pricing MNCs with cross-border transactions with affiliated companies
- Expatriate tax advisory and compliance services to MNCs with tax reimbursement policies
- Licensed Attorney at Law since 1997 with admission to the Integrated Bar of the Philippines