Mr. Strauss has over 45 years of tax, legal, finance and engineering experience in the USA and the Asia-Pacific region. His areas of expertise include advising clients on complex business transactions, corporate organization and restructuring, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and tax advice for international transactions. He has an extensive background and understanding of technology and its implications for both existing and newly formed business organizations as well as an excellent knowledge of the legal, accounting and tax principles applicable to such entities.
- Advising a number of international companies in the establishment of manufacturing operations in Thailand, including obtaining tax incentives from the Board of Investment.
- Assisting foreign automobile parts manufacturers in obtaining foreign business licenses for the establishment of trading operations.
- Advising Thai publicly listed companies on various tax issues in connection with acquisition of chemical manufacturing plants in the Netherlands and the UK.
- Developing successful approaches to the Thai Revenue Department in connection with corporate income tax and VAT audits.
- Advising clients on Thai indirect tax issues, including VAT, customs duties and transfer pricing agreements.
- Licensed attorney at law since 1974 with Admission to the Bar of Pennsylvania (USA)