With 40 years in the audit profession, Somckid is an invaluable asset to Grant Thornton and our clients. Somckid joined Grant Thornton Thailand in late 2002, after working with SGV-N (Anderson in Thailand) for over 30 years. The scope of his expertise also includes consultation in many other areas and industries.
He took his early partner retirement in late 2002. Somckid has audited many publicly listed companies. In 2002, he joined the Institute of Certified Accountants and Auditors of Thailand as member of Screening Committee to to review the quality of work of auditors who applied or reapplied for the the license to audit listed companies. He is currently responsible for the quality control of audit assignment.
- SEC approval to audit listed companies
- Chairman of the accounting committee for one one of the top five ranking banking groups.
- Member of the Federation of Accounting Professions
- Member of the Independent Director Organization
- Member of the audit committee of a fund management company